ESC Pau Business School in synthesis
You are eligible for entry into the 1st year of the Master in Management program if you meet the following requirements:
You have completed 2 years of studies outside of France
You hold or are in the process of obtaining (all academic subjects included)
- Either a non-French Bachelor degree or 180 ECTS;
- Or a French Bachelor degree/180 ECTS but do not have French nationality.
The Master in Management (Grande Ecole Program)
The ESC Pau Business School Master in Management (Grande Ecole) program provides students with the tools they will need to decide the direction they wish to pursue and make themselves attractive to employers, both immediately and over the long term. The school is considered as a form of workshop where all the materials and tools are available to mount student projects in tandem whilst also providing a unique experience that they will enjoy throughout their time at the school.
This experience is shaped by the project they will set up, which will feature many highlights (known in the school as “dimensions”) that will help form each student profile:
- Learn: this refers to the “knowledge acquisition” dimension and all the teaching from which students benefit, based on the theory of teaching via action and coaching from faculty.
- Work: this refers to the professionalization dimension to the school experience: internships, sandwich courses and collaborative work with companies.
- Create: this refers to the creative dimension that students will implement: the creation of start-ups, associations and events.
- Move: this refers to the curricular internationalization dimension to student life: studying or working abroad, setting up a business or working at school within multicultural teams.
At any moment during their studies, students may choose to prioritize one or several of these “dimensions” depending upon the kind of study experience they are seeking. The program delivered at ESC Pau Business School offers every chance to customize these dimensions.
The program lasts 2 years. The objective of the 1st year is to scale the student’s project:
- Collective intelligence, project management and innovation management courses (Learn)
- Business Project: co-working on a business issue inspired by a real business case (Learn) or business creation (Create)
- Choice of M1 specialization
- Business Project as main thread for Marketing, Management or Finance tracks (Learn) or a business creation project (Create)
- Optional 2-4 months on internship (Work)
The objective of the 2nd year is to consolidate the student’s project:
- Choice of M2 specialization (cf. table below) or 12-month apprenticeship contract from October (Work)
- Study abroad in one of our 65 international partner universities (Move & Learn)
- Double-degree options (Move & Learn)
- Management, Finance and Marketing tracks – can also be taken at start of Master of Science (Learn & Focus)
New for 2nd semester
- IBP program: working experience abroad (Move & Work)
- “YStart” international incubation program in the USA, Australia or France (Move & Create)
- 6-month internship abroad or in France
Tuition fees: 9 000€ per year.
Financial assistance in France information available via ESC Pau Business School:
- Reduced- interest rate loans
- Paid internships > 2 months
- Accommodation allowances
- Campus France scholarships
Financial assistance from the school:
- Ambassadors scheme, enabling students to assume an ambassadorial role whilst receiving payment
- 10% reduction on tuition fees when at least two members of the same family are students at the school
- Excellence scholarships: The ESC Pau Business School Foundation awards yearly scholarships based upon merit between M1 and M2, amounting to €5000 (according to academic results and social criteria).
Please contact your adviser for additional information.
Auditing, Consulting and Finance
Banking and Asset Management
Luxury Marketing (high-tech, fashion, wine, spirits & gastronomy)
Strategic & Operational Management
- Over 850 corporate partners (internship offers, conferences, fairs) and over 2000 internship and job offers per year, Trade Fairs, direct recruitment at the school.
- Over 50% of Master students are apprentices
- An incubator to support business creation or takeover projects
- Creativity and innovation: apply knowledge acquired in class and test your ability to set up and manage an organization and remain committed
- Business Game, putting students in charge of a virtual company
- Business Project: co-working on a real business issue (Learn) or the setting up of a business (Create)
- “Asso Business”: setting up or managing an association
- Themed seminars and immersion weekends
- Finance week, acting as a trader on the trading floor
- Leadership week, learning how to master personal branding tools
- Creativity and Innovation week, providing help in launching a business
- Business Project, Start-Up weekend, featuring 24 hours of innovation
- Culture: at ESC Pau BS, the role of professor is evolving from that of a mere transmitter of knowledge to that of someone constantly immersed in group work with students and teaching via action, coaching and mentoring. This essential hands-on approach is a key component of the school’s DNA.
The international dimension
- Study Abroad track (double degrees or study semesters): choice between a 1-year double degree abroad and a full semester of study in year M2 in one of 65 partner universities.
- Internationalization “at home”: mixing with international students during the home school track, including intercultural mode group work and a choice of entirely English specializations. These specializations (covering International Finance, International Management, Marketing & Sales and Entrepreneurship, among others) are mainly taught but foreign professors.
- Option of 2-3 months on of internship abroad (end of year M1)
- Possibility of spending a working gap year abroad (end of year M1)
- IBP (International Business Practices) track: 12 months in a company abroad.
- 2 joint programs:
- International Entrepreneurship, with 1 semester at the Wichita State University Center for Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science in International Corporate Finance, with 1 semester in the USA or in India (Delhi University) in preparation for the CFA 1 and 2 (Chartered Financial Analyst).
- International Incubator: ESC Pau BS has set up an incubator coalition with Delhi Tech University (India), Western Sydney University (Australia), and Akron University (USA). This incubation network acts in an accelerator capacity via a 6-month program comprising 2 months designed to speed up projects, the best of which will then be financed and supported by an international investment fund.
- End-of-study internship lasting 6 months, with an abroad option (end of year M2).
International student reception
ESC Pau BS organizes a guaranteed 2-week intensive integration program to ensure that international students are ready for the start of the academic year:
- Arrival - the school does not offer a mere pick-up service. It handles welcome and transfer from the airport/train station to the student’s accommodation. Students are then supported, guided and directed over the first few days.
- After arrival - opening of a French bank account, telephone contract, accommodation insurance, assistance with inventory and other administrative steps, including French Immigration Office.
- Discovering French culture to ease integration – after a guided tour of the school and its campus, new international students are then introduced to the town of Pau, its historic monuments and may other sites, plus are informed about living in France.
- Weekend – as of their first weekend at the school, international students will be able to appreciate the beauty of the area. The school organizes a surprise package, including a picnic at the peak of the Pyrenees, swimming on the Basque coast and partying in Spain!
- The French language – ESC Pau Business School offers French refresher courses for international students throughout their stay, comprising 80 hours of classes over 2 years, unlimited e-learning access and contact with all members of the Melting Pau association.
- The English language – face-to-face classes, unlimited e-learning access, vocabulary development per specialization, and contact with English-speaking students.
- Accommodation – ESC Pau Business School is located in the heart of a university campus, offering all the necessary student facilities for daily life, including accommodation. The school’s International Service offers international students accommodation at attractive prices and in close proximity to the school within student halls of residence or on private properties, thanks to partnerships with estate agencies or host families.
ESC Pau BS is proud to be able to lay claim to 92% of its students being members of at least one of its 15 associations, including Melting Pau. This particular international student association is designed to welcome and assist them for the entire duration of their stay.