Grenoble Ecole de Management enters the Shanghai ranking as the fourth best business school in France
The Shanghai Ranking was published…
Grenoble Ecole de Management takes its place in the rankings as the fourth best business school in France, within the new ‘Management’ category.
“It’s a historical occasion. For the first time, Grenoble Ecole de Management is in the Shanghai Ranking, where it sits in fourth place out of all the best management schools in France, just behind INSEAD, HEC and ESSEC. Today, our niche focus – technology and innovation management -, our vision – to become one of the most influential schools – and our strategy – to develop from a school of business into a school for business for society – finally bear fruit.” – Loïck Roche, Managing Director of Grenoble Ecole de Management.
The new “management” category
- 400 international institutions have been ranked in the ‘Management’ category, of which 13 are French establishments and 7 are business schools; Grenoble Ecole de Management is ranked fourth best among the latter.
- Internationally, our school is ranked in the 201st – 300th place subsection.
- International rankings are based on research and publications since 2003.
- Notably, the rankings are established without recourse to data concerning the institution or its students.
- The only criteria that are taken into account are based on research and publications and are gathered by an independent organisation (InCities database / Thomsonreuteurs)
- Only articles published between 2011 and 2015 are considered, and that in accordance with the following criteria:
- the number of publications by an institution;
- the number of times these publications are cited and their influence;
- the international reach of these publications;
- the number of articles published in 94 journals selected by the ranking authorities.